OverviewThe Nusbio v1 USB device which offers
- 8 gpios with I2C and SPI support
- for Windows programmable in any .NET language
This also known as an FTDI friend and can be used to upload code on an Arduino compatible that do not have a UART chip on board like the
- Diavolino from Evil Mad Scientist
- Trinket Pro from Adafruit
- Arduino Pro Mini
ExtensionWe used to sell the following extension which allows to connect some devices using the following UART pins: TX, RX, CTS, RTS, VCC and GND.
In case you want to use the Nusbio's 8 GPIOs as USART communication here is the mapping.
- GPIO 0 - RI
- GPIO 1 - DSR
- GPIO 2 - DTR
- GPIO 3 - DCD
- GPIO 4 - CTS
- GPIO 5 - TX
- GPIO 6 - RX
- GPIO 7 - RTS
- The pin 8 is VCC and pin 9 is GROUND.
- Most Nusbio can be configured to be 5 volt or 3.3 volt
How do I use the Nusbio as a UART interface ?Simply plug the device in the Windows machine and do not run any Nusbio code. Once plugged a COMX port should be available on the PC.
Use the general Serial Port class offered with your programming language